- Maverick Payments: RECUR360 now integrates with Maverick Payments to use for Payment Processing! Today we only support ACH processing through Maverick Payments with Card processing coming soon. If you are looking for better rates or a new Payment Gateway, contact us today for more information!
- Intuit Logins: There is now a new ability to convert your RECUR360 Login into an Intuit Login, allowing you to login to RECUR360 with your Intuit Login. Simply visit Login Settings and follow the instructions under "Change Login To Be Intuit Single Sign On". One advantage of using an Intuit Login is that it allows you to have multi-factor authentication on your RECUR360 account. Additionally, if you set up new Logins to access your RECUR360 Account in the Logins section, those invitation emails now have the option to either create a RECUR360 Login or a Login with an Intuit Login!
- Rearrange Payment Options: You can now set whether or not you want Credit/Debit or ACH to appear first in the dropdown when entering payment methods and also if you have multiple payment processors connected to RECUR360, you can set the order those processors appear in the admin panel! To begin with, if you visit Settings->Email under Invoice Link Settings, after choosing which processors you want for your card/ach processors, you can choose if you want customers to see the Credit/Debit option or the ACH option first when they visit their Payment Link. Changing this throughout the admin portal is done at the processor level. Simply visit Settings->Payment Processors, choose your processor, and then below you will see the option to choose which shows first. This is particularly handy if you use one processor for card processing and the other for ACH, you can set which option shows first for each processor and then when you select that processor when adding payment details, the desired option will be pre-selected! In Settings->Payment Processors at the top right, if you have more than one processor connected you will also see a button to "Rearrange Payment Processors". Clicking that will bring you to a popup where you can set the order the processors will appear when adding payment details throughout the admin portal.
- Late Fees: If you use late fees, there are a couple new settings if you visit Settings->Account. First, there is now an option to select different items where if any invoice contains that item, late fees will not be applied to that invoice. Also if you create late fees based on a percentage, there is a new setting to choose whether or not it is based on the current balance on the invoice or the total on the invoice.
- Recurring Invoice Payment Processing: If you set a Payment Method to process payment on a Recurring Invoice and want to prevent that payment method from automatically changing or if you do not set a Recurring Invoice to automatically process a payment and do not want that to automatically get turned on (such as if a customer updates their payment details in their payment link or with the Apply All button next to payment methods when editing a Customer), there is now a way to do that! Simply click the checkbox to "Prevent the Setting to Automatically Process Payment from Automatically Turning On or Changing Payment Method" underneath the checkbox that enabled automatic payment processing.
- And More:
- If you visit the Logins section, the table will now display if the login is using an Intuit login or not.
- On Recurring Invoices, there have been some verbiage changes. To begin with the 'Name'/'Template Name' field has been renamed 'Plan'. The option to 'Prorate or Backdate the First Invoice' has been renamed 'Prorate or Backdate the Next Invoice'. Lastly if you edit a line on a Recurring Invoice, the option to 'Delete This Line Item After First Invoice' has been renamed 'Delete This Line Item After Next Invoice'. Functionally, all of these features remain the same.
- If you go to add/edit a recurring invoice, once a customer is set on the Recurring Invoice you will see a 'View' button next to the "Customer Name" dropdown label. Clicking that will bring you quickly to the customer on the Recurring Invoice.
QuickBooks Online Integration Updates
- Other 1 and Other 2 Line Fields: If you visit Settings->Account, under Invoice Settings there are new settings to show an Other 1 and Other 2 custom field on lines on Invoices/Recurring Invoices. If you enable those, you can name the fields what you would like and then you can populate them on invoices/recurring invoices throughout the admin panel. Various line tables will also include these columns. Additionally in Settings->Email, you can choose if you would like them to display on invoice emails/pdfs. Be aware that these custom fields only live inside RECUR360 and do not sync to QuickBooks.
- Custom Field Dropdowns: If you have Custom Fields set up on your QuickBooks file, you can now have them display with dropdowns throughout RECUR360! If visit Settings->Account under Custom Fields, if you enable a custom field you will see new options to choose the Field Type, either Text Field or Dropdown. If you choose Dropdown you will then see an option to fill in the values you would like in the Dropdown. Upon doing that, if you visit a custom field when adding/editing an Invoice or Recurring Invoice, when you click on the Custom Field you will see a dropdown with the options you have preloaded for quicker entry. Be aware that you can still type in any value you want/any value could sync over from QuickBooks into those custom fields.
QuickBooks Desktop Integration Updates
- Customer Custom Fields: If you have Custom Fields set up with default values populated on specific Customers inside of QuickBooks Desktop, previously if the Custom Field was blank on any Invoice generated by RECUR360, those Custom Fields would not populate with the Customer default value until the Invoice synced over to QuickBooks through the Web Connector. RECUR360 now uses those Customer default values and will populate them as soon as the Invoice is generated by RECUR360, allowing them to be used immediately on emails! If you click into any Customer in RECUR360, you will now see any Custom Field defaults they have set on that Customer Details page. Also if you add/edit an Invoice or Recurring Invoice, next to any Custom field you will see the Customer default value for the field if one exists. If you leave the Custom field blank, that default value will populate the Invoice when the Invoice is generated. This allows you to change defaults on Customers in QuickBooks and future Recurring Invoices would generate with the new defaults. If you populate the Custom Field with a specific value, then that specific value would always be used.
- Tax Changes: Previously, if you had set up a Tax Item inside of QuickBooks and set up Recurring Invoices/Pending Invoices to use that Tax Item, if you ever went into QuickBooks and changed the rate of that Tax Item, RECUR360 would only show notice that the Tax rate changed on the Recurring Invoice and that you should review/re-save the updated Recurring Invoice in order for it to calculate with the new tax rate. Now that is handled automatically where when the new tax rate syncs in, any Recurring Invoice/Pending Invoice with that Tax Item will automatically recalculate with the new rate.
Avalara Integration Updates
- RECUR360 Avalara Mappings: If you go to add/edit an Invoice or Recurring Invoice, in the lines you will see any mappings you have set up inside of RECUR360 for the Item under the 'R360 Avalara Mapping' column. *Note: RECUR360 only displays mappings made inside of RECUR360. If you have Items mapped inside of the Avalara admin panel, those would still apply.
- RECUR360 Avalara Requirements: In Settings->Integrations under Avalara, there is now a new setting you can apply where you can require all Items to be mapped to an Avalara Tax Code inside of RECUR360. You can set it to either require at least the QuickBooks Tax Code/Category of all Items to be mapped to an Avalara Tax Code or require each Item to be individually mapped to a code. All of these mappings must be done inside of RECUR360. If it were mapped inside of Avalara, those mappings may still apply when doing calculations, but RECUR360 will show an error if you set it to require a mapping and the Item is not mapped inside of RECUR360.